Recent Posts

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Last post for the night- I promise!

I just could not stop the urge of writing more. I would put that annoying little smiley face I use, but after reading through my post, I've realized I have extended the smiley quota for the day------Haha.
-You know what a wonderful sound is to listen to as you lye in bed(besides rain)?--A train passing by! At my house, you have to listen very closely to hear it, which makes it better. When I was little I lived really close to the train tracks, and when I hear it now it reminds me of that time. It makes me happy and some how, if things aren't going so well, it seems to make things better for the night. It calms me.
This just randomly popped in my head:
For those of you who don't personally know me, you don't know i'm writing a book! ((Dorky, I know!)) Well this is my second attempt, and it is defiantly better than the last try. I have been slacking, I have not wrote in about 9 days and it feels like forever. I will get back to it though. Which make me think of another novel-in-progress I have. It's been on hold for about 2 months--I'll get to that too, one day. 
Anyway, back to the original thought.. I had just started chapter five. In steed of telling all about it, I decided just to post chapters every now and then. Who knows how often, I know I don't. Here's chapter 1(by the way the chapters are some what short)

Chapter One
 I lye there helplessly, I'm screaming and crying for someone to save me. I had no memory of where I was or how I got there, but I could feel someone coming. They were coming for me. They were coming to kill me. My heart was pounding with incredible speeds. If it got any faster, my heart would erupt from my chest. My body was freezing cold, yet pouring with sweat. I looked around for a quick escape, but only saw the darkness of night.
I was panicking, and becoming paranoid. I could hear them getting closer. Their sound was bringing pain to my skin. The closer the sound, the more I felt this burning feeling on my body. It was almost unbearable. I began to beg and plead for the pain to stop. I could not move. I was hopeless.
Then I saw them. There was an army of about five hundred. They all looked unbelievably strong, and like they wanted to give someone a cruel and horrible death. They would enjoy it. A sense of evil was among me. I was ready to sacrifice myself. I knew I was going to die.
As the army of men stopped in front of me, I began to drift off to unconsciousness. My body lost feeling, the pain had gone away. Moments later, I found myself fighting to open my eyes. When they finally gave in and let me win, I could see the bright yellow walls of my room. It had all been just a dream. A dream that had felt so real. 
After I realized I was okay, I closed my eyes and thought about what had just happened. I remembered the pain. You're not supposed to be able to feel pain in dreams I knew, but I defiantly felt it. It was one of the worst experiences of my life and it was all a dream. It was something I would never forget.
I decided I might as well open my eyes. And when I did, I found the disappointing sight of my parents. Parents were so boring and weird. At least mine were. They were just oddly staring at me like some epic event was about to take place then and there. It was very strange. I stared back for about three seconds, hoping they would vanish from existence. Unfortunately they just keep staring. I finally gave them a harsh look and yelled at them.
"What are you doing? Go away," for a moment they just sat there and then said, "Did anything new happen?"
"Wow, you guys are so weird I have to get ready for school, move" I then got out of my bed, almost tripping over my own feet when I reached the ground.
"Well, happy birthday Madison." Mom said with a disappointed look on her face, then they walked quickly out the room.
I knew I would be in a bad mood today. My birthday just happened to fall on the first day of school. Before I found this terrible news out, I had plans. 
I had planned spending the day with Juliet. It had always been our tradition to spend our birthdays together. Juliet and I met when we were four, back in the preschool days. Ever since then we had been best friends. When we were in fourth grade she moved about an hour away. Somehow we managed to stay in touch.
She has always been my person. When I say my person, I mean the one I would trust no matter what. If I ever have any problems or need to talk, I can always count on Juliet. Of course this goes both ways. I am Juliet's person. Through the years I have always been there. I have always had pity on her though. 
I know it's a terrible thing to have pity on your best friend, but I can't really help it either. Her dad, Jerry, went to prison four years ago for murdering his own father. To me this was no surprise. I always thought he was insane. 
I never told Juliet this, but one time I found a book of her father's. It had pages and pages of people he wanted to kill. And every single name had descriptive details on how he would do such a horrible thing. It was so disturbing and every time I saw him I thought of him as a killer. I was truly scared of him.
Her father was not the only bad thing in her life either. Her mother was an alcoholic. With only a few exceptions, she was never home. And if she was, she was never sober. 
On Juliet's fourteenth birthday, her mom came to my house drunk. She yelled and screamed about how she was not allowed to see me, in which I have yet to figure out why. She then grabbed her by the hair of her head and pulled her out the door. As this was happening, Juliet was crying and yelling for her mother to stop. I was going to tell my parents, hoping they would just adopt her, but Juliet said that would just get her taking away and we would never see each other again. So she made me promise to never speak of it.
Because of her home life, she always shut her self out from everyone. I was really the only friend she had. And truth be told, she was my only real friend. But she was all I needed. 
I hated school, because of all the people in it. Highschool was filled with a bunch of idiots who strived to be popular. It was as if popularity was the only thing that mattered, which is untrue. I kept myself away from people like that. It was useless for me to care about my high school social status, when after graduation I'd be gone. Gone from this small, good for nothing town. I was ready for bigger and better things. I know that is such a cliche, but it's true. 
I dreamed of having best-selling novels. And that was for sure not going to happen, if I stayed here in Beckon, Tennessee. I had a passion for writing. I spent the majority of my time doing so. I kept everything I had everything written in journals, which were kept in a box in the top of my closet. No one was allowed to read them, not even Juliet.
I hate to say this, but I'm a little self-conscious with my stories. I thought they were good, but I'm scared of what people would think. It's not that I cared what people thought in general, because I don't. It was just my stories. They were everything to me. I think I would let a publisher read it though, because I would take their advice, it would be like business. And if they liked it, I would not mind others reading in. I had faith that one day this would happen. Publishers will like my novel and so will everyone else. It will be a bestseller. I know it will happen.
"Madison!" someone had yelled my name. After I escaped from my thoughts, I realized it was my mother.
"Madison, come down stairs!" 
"Okay, I'm coming!" I yelled back.
I looked at the clock and saw I only had ten minutes to get to school. I had been lost in my own thoughts, and now I was late. I rushed as fast as I could to throw on jeans and a red T-shirt. Before I left my room, I grabbed my bag and my brush. I still had to fix the mess some call hair. 
As I was walking down the stairs, I noticed my parents waiting quietly, together. It looked like they had something very important to say, but I doubt I was about to find out what it was, since I was not planning on listening. I had to leave now if I was planning on making it on time.
"Madison, your father and I have to talk to you." Said my mother
"Sorry, Mom. I have to leave, now. I will talk to you after school. Bye" I then walked out the door acting as if I did not hear my parents yelling "Don't go, wait!"

Since it was only the first day of school, we started out in home room. The only thing I remembered was Mr. Reese calling my name while taking attendance and getting my class schedule. I have a serious problem with day dreaming. Some times I even catch myself staring off in to space, thinking about myself day dreaming. I have been meaning to work on that problem.
After homeroom we started classes. I had an okay class schedule. For the 1st semester I had English, French, Algebra, and unfortunately Drama. Well, I guess drama is not that bad, but I am a little indifferent about it. Who knows maybe i'll end up liking it, or I could just truly hate it. 
Our school had a well know drama program. Each production had a lot of hard work and dedication put in to it. Unlike most high school plays, the actors were very talented. As for the people who were'nt so talented, they become stange hands. I'm sure that's were they will put me.   
In class, Mr.Mild introduced himself and told us about the school production. He said we would be working on it immediately, starting tomorrow. He also said everyone had to try and addition. I dreaded it, but every one else seemed to be excited about it. Every minute I thought more and more that I made a mistake by taking this class.   
Then Mr.Mild thought it would be fun to do an acting exercise with a partner. I got paired with Kate Dales. She was new to our school this year. She seemed nice. She had beautiful blond hair, and pretty blue eyes. This was her first year in a public school, she had always been home schooled. She was very excited that she was getting to be like a normal kid. I told her she was not missing out on much, and she just laughed. 
By the time every one had got with thier partner, the bell rang to go home. Kate and I walked home together, because she lived close by. Oddly, she was also in all my classes and had a locker right beside mine. I was guessing I was going to see alot of her. Since she seemed so innocent and nice, I thought i'd be nice and offer to show her around our small town, before the wrong people did. She said she'd love too, but first she had to go home and ask her parents.Her cell phone was at home. I said it was fine and she said she'd be at my house at around four o'clock. 
After Kate had gone in to her house I remember I had to find out what my parents wanted earlier this morning. I walked into my house and noticed it was very quite. "Mom? Dad?" I yelled. Noone replyed. I guessed they went some where and forgot to tell me. I then left a note on the kitchen counter, so they would not worry.

Mom and Dad, 
I met a new friend named Kate.
She lives on our street.
I offered to show her around town, she's new.
I'll be back before 7:30
Call me if you need anything
-Madison

Half an hour later, Kate came and we left.

1 comments:

SPENSER said...

You havent said ur sorry so.....................
YOUR NOT