Recent Posts

Monday, November 17, 2008

Destiny




I saw this picture, and it made me think. The definition of destiny is -1. the events that will happen to a person, regarded as predetermined by fate  2. the hidden power believed to control this; fate.
To my comprehension, that means destiny is something that will happen no matter what. It’s something that’s meant to happen. If you really think about it though, that can’t be true. For example, lets say my destiny is to be on the other side of the street. I’m not going to get there unless I work on either walking or getting a way across the street; otherwise I’ll be on the same side for the rest of my life. Sure, it’s a lot more complicated than that, but same moral. Your actions and your choices choose the outcome of things. You have to go the right way to get to the place you want to be. Nothing worth anything, is just going to happen.

Which brings me to the stress of Career talk at school. I have always been the one to try to plan my future, to have a plan. Now, when people are actually asking me or it matters all that comes to mind is “Ugh, I’m not sure.” 
I do have an IDEA though. I want to maybe be something in writing, like a journalist or such. I think I would like to be in business or a teacher too. Is it just me, but aren’t all those sort of different?   
But seriously who really, and truly knows at the age of fourteen what they want to do in life?... I just made my own statistic of that in my head ( I do that a lot :]) Only about 1 out of every 30 know exactly what there going to be. *Since I missed out on that one, I wonder if I’ll have a better chance with the lottery...*
-Jamie<3

0 comments: