Recent Posts

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

La La Land

I. AM. ALIVE.

So it seems getting four teeth pulled doesn't kill you. I think the funniest thing is the whole time I was trying to think of things I could say when I blogged this. Wow.

My day did not start off too great, because at the very last minute my Mom decided I did not have to go to school after all. And being at the very last minute, meaning it was too late. So, I had to go anyways. 
Since I rode the bus, I got to school a little earlier than I usually do. I went to my locker, got my English book and binder, then went straight to class (if you stand out in the hall and talk when your about to have English(Couch Reasonover's class) you get yelled at by him!)
So I went and sat in my seat, then started talking to Hannah. A few minutes later I mentioned that I may not be there tomorrow (meaning today). Then, Couch Reasonover asked why. He also said I miss school alot, which I don't I had only missed last Friday! Which then reminded me that I forgot to get my absentee note. So, then I had to inform him of this.
"Ugh, I forgot to get my absentee note, can I please go get it?"
Then he gives me this look.
"I guess! And while you up there you might as well get a tardy. Hurry up." 
(Might I add you never get tardies when your getting absentee notes, he was just being....Couch Reasonover!)
So then I had to go stand in a forever long line and when it was finally my turn I said
"Hi, may I please get a note for Friday? It will be a parent note I just forgot to bring it, I'll have it tomorrow. Oh, and according to Couch Reasonover I need to get a tardy while I'm up here!"
She then looked at me and smiled, while the boy behind me started laughing and said "I feel bad for you, his class sucks!"
When I did get back to class, Reasonover was rude to me the whole time. 
I could complain about two other annoying incidents, but I won't. I'll get to the more interesting part.
The Dentist.
As we were waiting for 2 o'clock, when my appointment was, my mom was telling me which parts would hurt and blah blah blah. I can not stand pain. At all. So this was basically scaring me.
Then at exactly 2 they opened the door and called for me. They took me to the room and told me to wait a moment, that Dr. Milligan would be right there. I spent my last minute of so replying to a text message from Austin saying I would reply again after everything was done. As I was putting my phone in my pocket, Dr. Milligan and  a women that I don't know her name came in. There was the normal small talk and then it started.
They first put the thing over my nose so I could breathe in the laughing gas. Then he started to give me the shots of Novocain? I think. Anyways.. I got four shots of this, one on each side. Top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right. I would feel a small prink and then it would just slowly going away. I think at this point my heart was racing and I had my hands balled into fist. I was quite nervous. Then they left me in there for about five minutes and told me to relax. So I tried. As my mouth was getting numb, I took my bottom and top teeth, and pushed them together to see if it would hurt. I did a few things of this sort, because I was thinking how much it would actually hurt when they pulled the teeth. I don't think I actually relax until the last minute, which was ruined when they walked in.  
He began by giving me more shots in the exact same places, but I think this was something else. I could taste it (it was nasty by the way) He then asked if both sides of my mouth were numb. My right side was, but my left side was not as much. I wanted to make sure it was as numb as I could get it! So he then gave me more Novocain, or whatever, on my left side. Before I knew it he was working on the top left tooth. 
Early I said my heart was racing and I was pretty much shaking, well I was here for sure.
He was moving the tooth around, and around, jerking at it. I wasn't really anything at the tooth. At moments I could hear the tooth being slightly pulled from the gum. 
The entire time I was making sure I was talking long deep breaths of the laughing gas. As he was still jerking and pulling at the tooth, I basically went into la la land. My eyes were closed but I got a dizzy feeling and sort of blacked out. I was no longer paying any attention to the tooth. I was actually paying more attention to the fact that I liked this feeling and there was nothing bad about it. I had completely forgot I could still hear them, until Dr. Milligan was talking directly to me telling me to try to show a little resistance to him jerking at my tooth and at some point I think he also told me to make sure my mouth was open wide because i was smashing my lip with his, well  I don't know what it was but it was in my mouth! So I tried focusing on this while I wasn't really focusing on anything. 
The next thing I know he was already working on pulling the tooth in the top right. He had already pulled the other tooth and I didn't even know it! So, this time I tried to see if I could tell when he pulled it. It was pretty much the same as the other, except when i was actually paying attention i could hear the tooth being pulled out. 
So let me remind you I'm in la la land and I'm actually enjoying this. 
Then, he moves to the bottom left. He starts to move it and I opened my eyes, my heart was once again racing. I could feel it. 
Dr. Milligan then asked "Is everything okay?" He had asked this two or three times before, but this was when it wasn't.
"I can still feel that."
"Oh, that's not good!" he laughed
"No, no it's not!" I replied.
So then he shot me up with some more numbing medicine. ha.
But this time I actually felt it being pulled. After it was done it was not horrible at all though. It didn't even hurt as much as when your little and your pulling an already lose tooth. It just scared me, because I could actually feel it.
By the last tooth, I was kind of sad it was almost over. I had already went back into my relaxed stage and I was thinking to myself I would not mind doing this again. 
Then It was over.
They put the things in my mouth were I was bleeding, (yeah, I did not think about bleeding! Stupid me. It was alot of blood.) I felt so stupid because almost my entire face my numb and I had those things in my mouth which made it look swelled and I had no idea what my face looked like. 
I couldn't talk with those in my mouth and I was also getting scared again because they were talking about how it would bleed and the pain pills. Yes, the pain pills. Which implies there will be pain. 
But in the end it was all fine. Not really any pain. And the pain pills just made me sleepy. So I'm fine. 
:)
I still didn't go to school today because my  mouth hurt :D :D haha

0 comments: